Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy mulligan to me...

mul-li-gan (noun): a free shot sometimes given a golfer when the previous shot was poorly played

Technically today may be my 46th birthday, but you'll understand if this year I have decided to take the proverbial mulligan and put off the celebration until my Cushing's condition has, at least, been mitigated.  I love my  yearly "Carol Palooza" as much if not more so than the next Princess.  I mean, what could be more suited to Royalty than a designated day that revolves solely around her birth?  But this year I'm tired, I don't fit into any clothes, my hair is a little patchy, I'm avoiding sugar, carbs and fat, and I'm still walking with the Fabulous Pink Cane.  I just don't feel like breaking out the Palooza today.  But I will soon...and then, be afraid - be very afraid!

On this, the dawn of my 47th year, I find I have no philosophic adages to impart, no sage advice to give.  I've got nothing else but what we all already know in the backs of our minds:
  • Live life to your fullest capacity every day
  • A pity party is OK every now and again as long as you get back up in the saddle of the horse that threw you
  • Ice cream is good
  • Never give up
  • Accommodate your weaknesses
  • When in doubt, put on a tiara
  • Appreciate everything in your life as the gift it is
  • Take time to really see what is around you
  • Life is a freakin' strange ride
So, in honor of my mulligan, eat, drink and be merry.  Have some Halloween candy, sing "happy mulligan to you", smile, and don't forget to stop and appreciate.

GO GIANTS!

1 comment:

  1. Carol,

    Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Carol, Happy Birthday to you. I hope your day was as good as it could be! We're thinking of you and know that you enjoyed the game last night with the Giants taking it 4-0! XOXO Dawn

    ReplyDelete