Sunday, October 10, 2010

And we're walking...

Yesterday's big outing was a walk around the block with my Sweetie.  And it was one of the best walks ever!  The weather is on the perfect side of bearable here in KC right now and our neighbors were out working in their yards making our cute little hamlet of a block even cuter and hamletier.

The priority of the Fabulous Pink Cane and I is getting my gait relatively hitch free, so we all walked slowly and with purpose.  I tried not to think about the fact that I am physically challenged by walking around the block.  This too shall pass, and there are bigger fish to fry right now...and I seem to love fish these days...

I still marvel at the reduction in pain in my hip after my back surgery a little over a week ago.  It's like a miracle.  Now the real work starts so that I can take advantage of the benefits.  Just give me a project to work on and I'm good.  Waiting and uncertainty not so much.  Thus is the way my life divides these days though and I can't waste my energy on fighting it.  I just have to dive in and do what I can.

We will be making another pilgrimage around the block today and I am looking forward to it.  Again, trying not to think about how physically challenging it is, but instead focusing on the benefits.  Me without a hitch in my giddy up.  Who'd ever think that was possible?  I see the promised land and I'm on my way!!  One step with the Fabulous Pink Cane and my Sweetie at a time!

GO GIANTS!!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment