Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Winner!!!

I just got a Fed-X from the Neurosurgery team at the NIH with another "Consent to Participate in a Clinical Research Study".  I am racking these thing up like chips in a huge poker pot!  Basically I'm on board with giving anyone at the NIH permission to learn anything from anything they do to/for/with me during my Cushing's journey.  I am such an anomaly at this point that if no one learns anything it will be a monumental bummer!  Like I've been saying, it's a good thing that my ever burgeoning gaggle of medical professionals like a good challenge otherwise I'd be up a stinky creek!

I'm leaving for Bethesda on Thursday.  I'll have a bunch of pre-op tests done on Friday and pituitary surgery is scheduled at 8am on Monday morning.  Saturday I'm going to try to get out on the Metro and pick something in Washington DC to visit, but truth be told, my energy level has been in the crapper these days and I don't know if I'm going to make it.  But the Fabulous Pink Cane and I will do our best and you, my loyal readers, will be the first to know my sightseeing destination...or lack thereof. 

I have to keep this post short because the Giants just came on the TV and I must watch my hometown boys as they face the Phillies.  GO GIANTS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment