Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Big trip to Target yesterday!

Wow, what a great time I had!  Don't get me wrong - I totally exhausted myself.  But my cart and I made it around every inch of that store.  I felt like I was on my way to getting back to doing what I usually do.  And there are times when a person needs to experience that feeling.  I can't say it enough.  You never really appreciate what is "normal" until there isn't much of it...

I filled my cart with soap, jersey pants, air fresheners, and miscellaneous items on my list.  I puttered up and down just about every aisle with a smile on my face.  The staff was starting to turn the store for fall, and loading up the new merchandise on the shelves and racks.  A new beginning.  Hopefully a new beginning for all of us.

As if that wasn't enough, then I went to the grocery store.  Not quite the same zen experience, but still a "normal" one.  Needless to say, there was a long nap taken yesterday afternoon!

My advise to you all after such a morning of adventure?  Appreciate and smile at the little things in your life.  And don't let your kids pick the shape of pasta you're going to buy at the grocery store - it can only lead to bad things!

No comments:

Post a Comment