Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fall into fall

I love the fall.  It's my favorite season of them all.  The weather is perfect.  Not too hot, not too cold.  Not to humid, not too dry.  Not too much rain, no snow and ice.  Lots of sun, but no burns.  Awesome.  Some may deride the falling leaves as a personal affront perpetrated by the trees to fill weekends with raking rather than playing golf or watching football on the TV machine.  I do not share this view.  Raking is productive exercise!  If you rake, you don't have to go to the gym.  And your yard looks fabulous too!  What could be better than that? 

And the fashion choices.  Out come the turtlenecks and light jackets.  You don't have to bundle up like Nanook of the North just so that body parts don't freeze and fall off on the walk from the parking lot into the grocery store.  Pull on a sweater and a pair of jeans and you're good to go.  Love that! 

Even the food changes in the fall, and we know I'm all about the food.  I've got my Crock Pot loaded up with Red Beans and Rice as we speak!  Comfort food reigns during the fall months and Lordy Lordy I can use all the comfort I can get these days.  We don't feel the need to order a salad when we're out, Pinot is subbed for Chardonnay, and roasted root vegetables accompany lovely cuts of red meat and the boneless skinless chicken breast go the way of the salad made with spring greens for the time. 

I am very much going to enjoy today as the wind blows the leaves from our neighbor's trees into our yard.  While my red beans and rice bubbles away and fills the house with fabulous cajun comfort food smells, I'll get my chores done and maybe a few errands too.  I hope you enjoy the day as well!

GO GIANTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment