Monday, November 22, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I am going  home tomorrow!  How awesome is that?  My body seems to be tolerating the Muffy medication well so far, and my gaggle here has spoken with my endocrinologist in Kansas City regarding the testing that needs to be done for the study I am in.  There is no barrier for me making a break for it!

They take such good care of me here at the NIH Clinical Center.  But being here is mentally and physically exhausting, and frankly I need a break.  I need to sleep in my own bed, snuggle with my dogs and my husband, drink my coffee the way I like it and live in my routine.  The  fact that there won't be a phlebotomist knocking on my door at 5:30am every day to take vials of my blood is just icing on the going home cake.  Not to mention this is a holiday week and being home for Thanksgiving would do anyone a world of good.  mmmmmm.......pie......

There are some very specific requirements in the study protocol for tests and other things.  Right now it looks like most of it can be done by my Dr. in Kansas City.  That will be great if it happens.  It means I won't have to return here until mid-January if everything goes well.

Tomorrow at this time I should be home.  Know that I will be the happiest Cushie on the face of the planet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment