Thursday, November 18, 2010

Can you see my aura?

Today I was radioactively awesome all day.  Up, down, back and forth the Fabulous Pink Cane and I went to the neuclear medicine wing.  Of course the downside, aside from the whole radioactive thing, was that I couldn't eat all day.  Nothing makes a Cushings girl crankier than when you don't feed her.  Especially when you load her up with chemicals.  So immediately upon leaving my last scan I hoofed it to the nearest snack counter in the lobby for contraband munchies.  A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do...

It looks like Muffy has kicked in and my blood pressure is coming down markedly.  This is really good news and a much needed little plus to the situation.  However, I won't find out what effect Muffy has had on my cortisol level until I meet with my Doctors tomorrow.  Muffy needs to bring my cortisol level down into normal range, and while I'm not sure if it happens this fast or not, that's the goal.  The Doctors didn't really have any question about whether the study drug would work, it's just whether it will work enough and whether my body will tolerate it.  So far so good on the tolerating part.  It's the work enough part that the jury is still out on.  Keep all those appendages crossed!

Tomorrow when I meet with my Doctors I will also have the results from this week's scans.  There is always hope that the rogue tumor will be found on one of them.  Hope does spring eternal as they say.  If that's the case we make yet another sharp turn on the Cushings superhighway and get rid of the little bugger.  If not, we make a plan based on the blood work, medication, and study protocol.  In any case, I should know before the weekend what's going on.  And when I know, you all will know.

Go forth and be fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment