Friday, November 26, 2010

Feeling Thankful

I love Thanksgiving.  I have always felt a warm spot in my heart for a holiday that is built around a calorie-laden meal, falling asleep in front of the television, and getting along with members of your family that, on any other day, drive you  absolutely insane.  But this year, the meal was secondary for me.  Even with pie.  This year I feel so lucky to have such wonderful blessings in my life.  Yeah, I've got some crappy things too.  But here are just a few things that I feel thankful for...

My fabulous husband - The best husband EVER!  No more need be said.
Erin and Alvin - Puppies with issues that make our family complete.
Doctors who care - Sadly not everyone has that luxury.
Friends who care - They keep me going when I need a lift.  They make me smile when I need to laugh.
Good Literature - It transports me to other places when I need to get away from this one.
Hot Air Popcorn - A big bowl of yummy.
Good Running shoes - I'm looking forward to putting them to use again soon.
Sugar Free Vanilla creamer - It makes my coffee taste like cake.
My Heated Mattress Pad - Creates a little cocoon of warm heaven.
Roses - Any variety, anywhere.  Beauty on a stem.
NPR - Makes me think about things I wouldn't otherwise have thought of.
Hope - You can never have too much, and you can have as much as you want.

I hope all of you gave thanks yesterday for the blessings in your life.  Even the tiny little things that bring a smile to your face.  Life is too short not to acknowledge the things that keep us going.  The things that make us happy.  The things that keep our glasses half full.  And pie...

No comments:

Post a Comment