Saturday, September 25, 2010

This round's on me!

Banana barium smoothies for everybody!   The breakfast of Princesses scheduled for morning CT scans of the neck, chest abdomen and pelvis these days.  All the rage really.  And, I must say, put it in a coconut shell, add a paper parasol (and maybe some Captain Morgan), play some reggae in the background and it might be a drink you'd pay for on vacation!  Too optimistic?  Maybe so, but it wasn't that bad.

Yesterday was filled with scans looking for the ectopic tumor.  Lots of being injected and going in, staying in, and coming out of human sized tubes.  MRI's and CT scans are boring, but necessary.  The more they are scanning, the longer you stay in.  So I burrowed in, hunkered down, went to my happy place on the beach (with a drink in a coconut shell - hold the barium!), and hung out.  The only conclusion I could come to is that I need a trip to a real beach with a real drink real soon...

After meeting with my gaggle of Medical Professionals yesterday, I can safely iterate that we still have no definitive information on where the tumor is that is throwing my system into disarray.  Ectopic or pituitary.  So we are scanning for ectopic possibilities, and trying to line up exploratory pituitary surgery with the best pituitary poker around.  Sadly he's not here every day, so is not at the Princess's beck and call.  I know, I find that hard to believe too, but it's true.  Worst case I finish scans middle to end of next week, and, if nothing is found, go back home.  I would then return when the pituitary surgeon is available to do the exploratory surgery.  Best case scenario is that the surgeon is available next week, he finds something, takes it out, and we start on a long recovery.  Or one of the scans next week finds something, someone takes it out, and recovery starts.  Either way, did I mention recovery? 

Keith is here this weekend.  Yippee!  This afternoon we are going to try to go into Bethesda and hang out.  A little normal is a good thing.  It's been a while since I've had it.  Take a moment today to appreciate your normal, whatever that is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment