Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Scan on McDuff!

Yesterday and today have been filled with scans to look for the little rogue tumor somewhere other than my pituitary gland.  So basically I've been scanned stem to stern by the best equipment and equipment operators in the Universe.  And what did they find?  Nothing.  Or should I say, nothing that wasn't supposed to be there.

And now we'll be cutting across 4 lanes of oncoming traffic, taking the next exit, getting off  the Ectopic Tumor expressway and back onto Pituitary Gland Avenue...

The next step in my Cushing's saga, as of today, is exploratory pituitary surgery.  This has been scheduled for Monday October 25th.  So it looks like I'll be discharged this Thursday, and return on October 21st for the surgery.  Yes, I'll be returning to Kansas City without a definitive answer to what the source of my Cushing's Syndrome is, but my case is still wide open and being worked on by even more of the best of the best than I started with!  How awesome is that?

Did anyone out there know that the pituitary gland is the size of a pea?  We are looking for a teeny weeny itty bitty little tumor that might be hidden inside something at the base of the brain that is the size of a pea!  And there are people out there that think that is entirely doable!  Thank God for them because it boggles my mind.

Thank you to everyone who has sent me cards while I've been here at the NIH.  Every single piece of mail I've received has made me smile and helped me get through these weeks back here.  And Laura, you nailed it!  I am wearing my tiara and waving my wand in your thoroughly Princess worthy honor right now!  Thank you!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment