Thursday, September 23, 2010

Right turn Clyde!

Whoop, whoop, whoop!  We're changing course!  Abandon ship!  Oh, wait, scratch that.  Don't abandon ship completely, just get on the other ship, but be ready to return to the first ship at any second!  No pressure... 

Perhaps a bit more explanation is needed...

The results of the jugular probing yesterday did not yield results that would totally confirm a pituitary basis for my Cortisol production.  I can't really explain why, but I have a spreadsheet!!  And those of you who have worked with me know how much I love a good spreadsheet!  Anyhoo, as of this morning, the search for an ectopic (rogue) tumor somewhere in my body is back on.  So tomorrow starts with a high power CT scan of my neck, chest, abdomen and pelvis replete with injected dye.  I finish up at 6pm tomorrow evening with a 1.5times neck and chest MRI. 

Odds are that an ectopic tumor will be somewhere in the lung area.  But odds are not necessarily applicable to me and my Cushing's.  Other people, yes.  Me, not so much.  So the staff here will use their turbo, amazing, not available anywhere else equipment and start on the hunt for the little bugger...tomorrow...

Tune in on Monday - we may be charting a new course by then!  Life is never dull in the world of the Princess! 

No comments:

Post a Comment