Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Haiku U

I decided to use this blog post to throw a grey matter challenge out to my faithful, and highly intelligent readers.  We might as well all have a little fun at my situation's expense.  I'm a giver, what can I say??

Let's all get a little creative and create some Haikus!  Yee-ha!  What's a Haiku you may ask?  It's a short poem whose first line is 5 syllables, second line is 7 syllables and third line is 5 syllables.  At least that's an easy American translation.  Anyhoo, think of it as the Twitter of the poetry world.  A way to keep your thoughts short, sweet, and they don't even have to rhyme!  What could be better?  Here's one I came up with:

I'm off to the East
A tumor we hope they find
So I can Tri more

And here's a good one from Jesse, trusted member of my Village and fellow Dork:

Searching the unknown
What in the heck will they find?
Hopefully something!

Think about it and post them here as comments, or send them to me via email.  You will make me smile in between all the medical stuff that I've been tossed in the middle of. 

You can send me a card with your Haiku as well.  I posted the mailing address for me at the top of the page.  I also accept baked goods.  Just a thought...

Thank you for indulging me on my Haiku challenge!  I'm hoping that it sticks with some of you and I get some good creative poems in my inbox.  I have had a long day of tests and evaluations today, none of which I will bore you with.  I'm a little pooped truth be told.  I did have time to find the coffee bar on the first floor though.  I got lost in this maze of a building getting back to my room, but I shall venture out again tomorrow.  And you'll hear about it here.

Haiku on! 

5 comments:

  1. I've been wondering!

    Are you there alone
    Or do guinea pigs abound
    Hiding 'neath you bed? Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, can you help ...
    Sigh, you are not here with me
    Get well. Come home. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. by Erin and Alvin

    Ruff, ruff, ruff, ruff, grrrr
    Wag, ruff, wag, ruff, wag, ruff, wag
    Ruff, ruff, ruff, ruff, lick

    (Translation provided by Keith)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really glad
    you found the coffee bar blow
    For it''ll perk you up!

    Ok, so I may be cheated a bit but you gotta break the rules every now and again, right?! Really hoping they find you a tumor so they can take it right out. Take care,

    Jason Bahr

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't do Haiku
    Or even count syllables
    One word only: heal!

    Hi, Carol,
    I'm a long time friend of your Aunt Sheila's, from whom I learned about this journey of yours to recovery. Sending positive thoughts as well as compliments on your writing skills ;-D
    Joye

    ReplyDelete