Saturday, September 11, 2010

I call your Red Bluff...

In keeping with scheduling myself to the nth degree, I crammed in a trip out to my parent's house in Red Bluff CA last week and boy am I glad I did!  After a miserable weather summer here in Kansas City with wilting heat and humidity, I needed a refresher course in "but it's a dry heat".  Not to mention the revitalizing sensation of spending a week with the genetic oak tree from which I fell as an acorn...and mom's brownies didn't hurt either.  Let's face it - we all needed to see the whites of each other's eyes before I leave for Medical Freak Camp on September 12th. So off to CA I went for a week.


Villa de Davis
For those of you not familiar with California geography, Red Bluff is about 2 hours due north of Sacramento.  And it's hot.  Really hot.  The good news is that you can ride your bike, and grow flowers year around.  The bad news is that during the summer mid-day is NOT at all comfortable.  In fact it'll melt you faster than a bucket of water on the Wicked Witch of the West.  So we did yard work early in the morning and the evenings and indoor work during the day.  I am not moving very well these days, nor do I have alot of energy.  But taking notes from the slow and steady tortoise of yore, I was still able to happily work outside with a huge smile on my face.

Now that I'm back in KC, this week is all about getting ready to leave town for 3 weeks.  I already have received notification from the Doctors at the NIH Clinical Center that I have a pituitary MRI scheduled for Monday September 13th!  Looks like I'm going to be hitting the ground running and I can't wait to share it all with you as I go along.   That and all the sights and sounds of being a tourist in Washington DC.  Woo-hoo!

1 comment:

  1. Red Bluff hot? Yeah, right! Come on down for some Princess-melting Phoenix summer "dry heat" sometime!! I tried hitting the ground running down here once, but my sneakers melted...

    Sounds like you're doing well, Sis!! Keep your chin up (unless you're poking a brownie into your mouth)! I'm praying for you, and look forward to your quick and complete recovery!!

    Remembering 9/11/2001, too...

    ReplyDelete