Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Patience Grasshopper

I had the best of intentions today.  It was going to be a day full of productivity and baking.  I decided this yesterday after feeling pretty good all day and getting a ton of chores done.  And I even made a trip to the grocery store!  Yee ha!  So I figured maybe I could string together a couple of good days.  Maybe this would be the start of really feeling better.  Sadly, I was mistaken.

When I got up this morning I felt OK, but not great.  I thought that a good breakfast would help so I went to my old stand by - oatmeal.  Seriously, oatmeal.  With some brown sugar and sugar free syrup.  Yum-o!  But I could only get through a half a bowl.  My stomach was upset and I was starting to panic.  Sometimes I feel like if I don't start feeling human TODAY it will never happen.  Never ever.  And if I start feeling that way it's a slippery slope down the hill of dispair and negativity (which I resolved to mitigate this year).  I thought maybe a shower would bring me around.  I'll settle for feeling half human these days and getting showered, blow dried and dressed couldn't hurt.  But that kind of pooped me out. 

I did some chores around the house - washed sheets, balanced the checkbook, tried to get my blackberry calendar to sync, etc. - and went for a noon time walk around the block with Keith and the pups.  By the time we got back to the house I really didn't feel human.  Onto the couch I went not to stir again until 4:30.

How much more different from my life before Cushings could things get?  And how much longer before I start recognizing normalcy creeping back  into my daily routine?   Not that I'm being negative or anything.  Muffy is totally working on other fronts so I'm sure the energy and feeling human will come.  But it isn't coming fast enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment