Monday, January 10, 2011

Leavin' on a jet plane...

I'm getting ready to back to the NIH in Bethesda tomorrow. I've been on Muffy for 8 weeks now and the drug study protocol specifies a number of tests and evaluations that need to be done back there.  We are not going to re-scan yet for my little hidden tumor.  It needs some more time to grow so that it will show up on the myriad of scans and tests the NIH does.  So I won't be drinking any radioactive goo this trip.  Oh darn!  Internal glowing is such a good look for me!

It's dumping snow here in Kansas City.  It started this morning and isn't supposed to end until tomorrow morning.  I don't mind the snow.  And after living in Lake Tahoe, if it snows less than 4 feet at a time, it's not really snowing.  But I have 2 reasons not to like the snow right now.  First, I need to fly out tomorrow and the Kansas City airport does not handle snow very well.  I'm hoping there won't be delays and cancellations that effect me.  They can make other people crazy, that's fine.  But me, not so much.  I just want to get this trip over with, and to have a chaotic beginning is not my idea of fun.

The second reason snow is not my friend is more practical.  I don't have warm clothes that fit.  All my winter clothes are my normal size, not my current size.  And the clothes that are my current size are lighter weight.  So when that midwest wind whips through my jersey pants  it is thoroughly unpleasant.  Thankfully I do have a winter jacket that still fits, so it's not all bad.  I tell you, this Cushings really puts a crimp in the old life!

Keep your fingers crossed for smooth sailing, or flying, tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment