Saturday, December 4, 2010

Stairway to heaven...OK, just the second floor...

I am not one to shy away from a good workout.  I never would have thunk that a good workout now means getting up the stairs.  There is no longer any bounding in my climbing stairs.  No running, hopping, bouncing or speeding.  No hurtling, dashing, scurrying or zooming.  My legs are too weak from the Cushings and my left leg has a nerve controlling it that is learning how to work again.  So getting up the stairs is more of a hoisting process using the handrails (thank you Travis!).  I know the more I make the journey from the first floor to the second, or the second floor to the first (no hoisting, but much holding on and trying not to fall my way down) the better my recovery will be served.  But needing a nap after a few times up and down is nothing I ever expected.  Since I find it impossible to live solely on one floor (and seriously, how can you pick between the floor with the fridge and the one with the bed?) I will persevere.  Eventually there will be bounding instead of hoisting and I will not feel like climbing the stairs is a workout!

Just to update you, I am back on my Muffy as of yesterday.  The whole Adrenal Insufficiency scare was a false alarm.  All the tests show that my system is normal and stopping Muffy didn't make any difference in the way I was feeling.  So Muffy is agreeing with me and not causing any noticeable side effects.  I am taking antibiotics for the vicious, man-eating cold and I feel better already.  Hopefully I'll have more energy as the days go on.  After all, I gotta get up and down those stairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment