Saturday, December 11, 2010

Let them eat nachos!

I have often said in this blog as well as verbally to anyone who would listen, that all I wanted to do when I didn't have to watch my diet so closely was eat a plate of nachos bigger than my head.  Why nachos?  Because I love them in all their cheesy, beany, meaty, chippy glory.  Why a plate bigger than my head?  Because when you've been so good for so long anything less than overindulgence is just wrong.

Yesterday was the day that my strict diet was kicked to the curb and nachos were consumed! 

My friend Carrie and I decided to make an outing to eat nachos, and do a little shopping at our favorite JC Penney outlet.  Carrie and I are quite the pair.  She has endured surgery and just finished her last round of chemo in treatment of breast cancer.  For the two of us, energy and stamina is unpredictable at best, and appetite comes and goes.  Yesterday the stars lined up and the heavens shone on us, and we both felt good enough to go big!

I won't drone on about the pleasure I derived from our plate of nachos.  Sometimes when you anticipate something for so long, the real thing can fall short of expectation.  That was NOT the case here.  The nachos were eaten and enjoyed beyond measure.  I am including a picture of the best nachos ever below:


We also made a great effort at the JC Penney outlet.  I even picked through the racks in the really big girl (remember, I look like Shrek these days) department looking for a things that might fit me.  We hit most of the departments and ended up in catalog returns testing out the sofas.  OK, it was only one sofa, and we weren't so much testing as collapsed on it.  Our energy had run out.

It was a great, normal few hours for two girls who don't feel normal about very much in their lives right now.  And let us not forget that there was a plate of nachos bigger than my head.  And it was good.....

No comments:

Post a Comment