Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A little hard work never hurts...

So what do most people do when taking a vacation in California from Missouri in the springtime for a week prior to having a hip replaced while watching an unmanaged and unpredictable cortisol level?  Move rocks of course!! 

Does that sound weird?  I mean, for me.  Not for normal people.  I'm out at my parent's house this week visiting and helping out around their house.  Dad and I have been in the process of putting in a rock walkway around the house for a while now.  My last trip out here in March saw any progress rained out as Mother Nature opened the flood gates on California.  Yesterday however, we made up for lost time and accomplished quite alot moving buckets of rocks from the large pile via hand truck and pouring them into the walkway space.  Today sees Mother Nature back with her tricks and this morning's work has been rained out yet again.  We are so close to finishing I am almost considering going out in the rain...but probably won't.

While this might not seem like a traditional way to spend a vacation when hobbled by medical issues, to me it's just keeping on.  Like going to the gym, only with buckets of rocks....and a hand truck.  Totally normal, perfectly acceptable.  And Mom makes grasshopper pie.  What could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment