Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug...

Just call me Buggy vonBuggerstein...

Not that I'm complaining or anything.  Sometimes these things happen.  This is just my Bug period...

I have my blood and glucose tolerance test on Monday.  After we have the results, we can get back to managing my Cushing's again.  Right now I'm going commando and I don't like it.  My blood pressure is starting to creep up which either means a) my cortisol level is going up, or 2) I'm so stressed out by thinking about whether my symptoms are coming back I'm driving my blood pressure up.  Either way I'll just be happy to get the results and move on.

As if that wasn't enough, I have yet another medical load of crap to deal with.  I found out a few weeks ago that I need another hip replacement.  I know, I know.  It would seem that I cannot catch a break to save my life...or my hip.  Anyhoo, my left hip, which was perfect 2 years ago when I had my right hip replaced, is now completely without cartilage and rubbing bone on bone.  Ouch.  Actually, double ouch.  Is this related to my Cushing's you may be asking?  General consensus is no.  Plain old osteoarthritis.  I'm thinking this earns me the title of "unluckiest medical bug" on the face of the planet.  Did you hear the splat from wherever you are?  Cuz I felt it.

I have hip replacement surgery scheduled for June 15th.  At least now I'll have a matching set.  And who knows?  By the time I'm 90 I may be totally bionic!  Just call me Jamie Summers.  When I was a kid I wanted to be Jamie  Summers.  Little did I know how prophetic that was.

I still look around and consider myself quite lucky.  All of this is manageable.  Sometimes I do feel like just when I make it to a finish line, someone/something moves it.  That can be frustrating and I definitely have those feelings.  But all in all I feel pretty good, my hair is filling in and growing, I can fit in to many of my old clothes, I can get to the gym almost every day, I have great friends and a fabulous husband, and my gaggle of medical professionals are the best around.  So many people out there can't say that.  So I'll take this Buggy period in stride and hopefully I'll emerge on the windshield side of things very soon.  Keep your fingers crossed though - I need all the help I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment