Sunday, May 22, 2011

Is that a hat in your toilet...

...or are you just happy to see me???

It's my first 24 hour urine test at home in quite a while and there's just nothing like a big jug of pee in the fridge!  And no, my aim is not that good.  But, because I know you are all curious, this is the magic that makes it all work:
Welcome to my hat in the toilet.  My pee catcher.  Now consider yourself armed with WAY too much info!
I'll be taking my jug o' pee in to the lab tomorrow morning for them to ship to the Mayo Clinic to find my cortisol level.  The 24 hour urine test is a more accurate snapshot of cortisol than a morning blood test since your cortisol level changes naturally during the day.  I'll also have a morning blood cortisol test tomorrow and we'll compare the results.  This will just be one more piece in the puzzle of what to do medicationally going forward.

Here's to all of you NOT having to pee in a hat anytime soon!!

Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment