Sunday, April 24, 2011

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

Well, it finally happened.  The hours in the gym, salads and Muffy all worked together to get me back into my pre-Cushing's clothes!  It's like having a whole new wardrobe.  I can just go into my closet and pick out anything I want and put it on.  No humiliation, no disappointment.  I haven't been able to do that for over a year!!  Woo-hoo!

It seems like such a shallow thing to be so excited about being back to my own size.  In the big scheme of my medical issues, size plays no real part.  Especially since my Cushing's isn't gone.  My condition hasn't really changed, it's just being managed by Muffy.  But you know, sometimes you have to celebrate the small stuff like being able to wear your favorite jeans.

The other big part of this is being able to see myself again when I look in the mirror.  For the past year I've looked in the mirror and seen someone I don't recognize looking back at me.  My face wasn't the same, my body certainly wasn't the same, and even my hair, after falling out  in vast quantities several times, wasn't the same.  Now it's me again.  Even my hair is all starting to grow back!

I suppose this means that I need to put a current picture here on the blog...I'll have to work on that...

No comments:

Post a Comment