Sunday, March 27, 2011

Home Sweet Red Bluff

I spent last week at my parent's house in Red Bluff CA.  It was supposed to be a week doing work around the outside of the house...the weather felt otherwise.

It poured there all week.  It was pouring all the week before, I just wasn't there to see it.  I even think it was pouring the week before that.  It's a trend.  If you aren't from CA, you don't know that this is rare.  Those of us who grew up in the state learned the word "drought" right after "mama" and "dada".  I must admit the hillsides are green and beautiful, but the stream beds that have long been exposed and dry are now running with brown water that is not at all attractive.

So instead of  outdoor work, we attacked an indoor to do list as the wind howled and the rain fell.  Drawers now have knobs, shower heads are now devoid of their mineral gunk build up, and lots of other equally exciting things got accomplished.  We even took a short road trip up to Redding to go to JoAnn's fabrics and Trader Joes.  mmmmmm....Trader Joes...Can't wait until later this year when one opens by us....but I digress...

The last time I was out visiting my parents was in August 2010 before I made my first trip to NIH in September.  I wasn't in very good shape.  I was exhausted, I had gained alot of weight in my face and upper body, I wasn't moving well, my hair had fallen out yet again, and I was starting to show the strain of 6 months of having something very very wrong with my body and no answers on how to make it better.  So now that Muffy is working it's magic and I'm looking and feeling more normal, mom and dad are feeling much better about their baby girl.  Sometimes you have to see it for yourself to know that things are ok.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment