Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hellooooo? Anybody home?????

Greetings from rainy Kansas City.  I hope I didn't worry any of you by being silent for a while here.  I just couldn't find anything to say.  I know, not like me.  I can usually comment on anything at any time.  But sadly not in the last week or so.  The good news is that there hasn't been any epic medical updates/setbacks, no ironic stories to tell, nothing bad really...except for the weather, but that's not for this blog...

Big news this morning was fitting into one of my old sports bras!   Yee ha!  And a men's size Large t-shirt!  The excitement never ends!  I have a few more pounds to go before I bring my old clothes up from the basement.  I can't even remember what I have anymore - it's been so long since I've seen what's in those plastic bins.  I suppose that just makes everything seem new!  No need to go shopping for a few years now.

I have also had a bit of good news.  I'm not going back to Bethesda until May.  I was going to make a trip in April too, but that got cancelled.  I'm trying not to take it personally!  I'm sure they still love me.  But the extra round of test results isn't needed so I'm home free until May.  While I'm there in May I'll have the added bonus of re-scanning to find the little rogue tumor that is still in me somewhere and wreaking havoc on my system.  This means that I'll probably not have the usual, well oiled, two day stay, and will be spending a good amount of time in the big tube sleeping while being scanned from head to toe.  It doesn't matter to me as long as there is a chance of finding the little bugger.

I'm feeling quite good these days.  My body aches in indescribable ways, but I just keep going.  This too shall pass.  I think this is the situation for which the phrase was invented.  Physical therapy is going well, and I continue to alternate days with those exercises and cardio at the gym.  One day I'll wake up pain free and with the strength and stamina of the old days.  Cuz that's how it happens, right???  Or is that only in my dreams....

No comments:

Post a Comment