Wednesday, February 16, 2011

We have a winner!!!

< insert Rocky theme here...>

I spend alot of time here listing the things I either can't do or have to do because of Cushings.  Everything in my life just seems to revolve around being sick.  But today I thought I'd spend a little time and blog space on the things I can do.  I've been working hard in physical therapy and the gym, as well as doing my usual chores and errands.  Not to mention working part time at Brighton Gardens with my people!  My peeps!  It's about time I recognized the improvements I've made even if they are little baby steps...

Yesterday morning I climbed the stairs with a glass of water in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other, using both legs, not holding on to the handrail (because I don't have that coveted third arm), and I didn't spill a drop!!

The huge bras I bought to contain the girls as my weight climbed are now too big!  I even fit into one of my old bras from the very start of the weight gain!

I can ALMOST get my wedding ring on again.  Haven't been able to wear it for almost a year now, but I'm getting close.

I wore  a baseball cap the other day!  There for a while my face was so fat that I couldn't really get a cap to fit.  And if I did, let's just say it didn't showcase my "face" very well...

I wore a necklace the other day!  There for a while my neck was so huge my necklaces wouldn't fit.  I swear it's true.  So now I can get back to wearing my hip implant necklace that my awesome cousin-in-law Mike made me!




I tucked my shirt in!

I can get up out of chairs and off of toilets (and not just the "comfort height" styles) without pushing myself up.

My feet are back to their normal size and I can tie my running shoes!

I could follow all this with a bunch of minimizing statements, but I won't.  Today is about "winning" not "kind of winning...but...".  I am going to revel in my accomplishments no matter how small or how weird they are.

Maybe we should all do that today?

No comments:

Post a Comment