Sunday, July 17, 2011

Anniversivus Festivus

What were you doing 18 years ago today?  I was getting married!!  And Wendy, Robin and Dawn were there with us!  Thanks guys!

Keith and I have Festivus plans for today - We're going to see the new Winnie the Pooh movie.  I know, I know...there might be children there.  But we're going to take that chance because it's our special day.  We started the Festivus last night going out to a very lovely dinner at our favorite "nice" restaurant (defined as an establishment where shorts are not appropriate as dinner attire) and had wine, an appetizer and salads in addition to our entree.  Dessert too!  We blew the doors off in celebration of our special day and it was good.  Of course at 6:00 pm when Keith's watch alarm went off so that I'd remember to take my Metty, the reality of my situation crept back in.

We have increased my dose of Metty as it does battle with my cortisol.  It's working to bring down my cortisol level, but not very much or very fast.  So now I'm taking more and we'll see what happens.  I still have a Cushing's belly, and Cushing's induced disrupted nighttime sleep patterns, but those, thankfully, are the only symptoms I'm experiencing.  I appreciate that, but don't want to push my luck.  I'm really hoping that Metty kicks in and starts to do a number on my ever so stubborn cortisol level.  Everybody keep your fingers and toes crossed!

As far as my hip recovery goes, I'm doing great.  Still a little sore, but my leg strength is coming back and I feel really good.  I'm hoping to get back in the gym for some cardio this week in addition to doing my physical therapy exercises and home improvement projects.  Life is returning to normal on that front and it is very good news.

Go forth and celebrate today.  It is, after all, our anniversary.  That's worthy of celebration throughout the land!

No comments:

Post a Comment