Sunday, August 14, 2011

Lest we worry...

...based on my last post, that I am hopelessly entrenched in negativity and dismay over my current medical situation, fear NOT!  Any good Princess worth her weight in shiny sparkly things knows that while sometimes life contains more than one's regal share of poopy, it is never 100% crap based.  Yes I am staring in the face some pretty heavy things right now and desperately trying to reconcile everything in my overachieving, control oriented mind.  But that doesn't mean that I don't also recognize that I am still so lucky and happy in my life.  Circumstances may have stacked up in a way I don't want, wouldn't choose and certainly wouldn't wish on anyone else, but that doesn't make my life as a whole any worse for wear.  It's not difficult to take half a look around and see so many people who have it worse than me.  Way worse than me.  So "woe is me" just isn't part of my vocabulary.  I just have things to work through, that's all.  And in the meantime, I appreciate my favorite things, goofy and not-so-much, that make me smile every day.  Let me recap some of them here...
  •  My husband, pups, family and friends.  More support and love one person couldn't expect or want.
  • Pink - Just about anything in pink makes me happy.  Add some sparkles and I'm grinning ear to ear!
  • Roasted vegetables - It's weird, I know.  But mom taught me well.  This is my comfort food and daily lunch.  Yum-o!
  • HGTV - How else do you think I get all the home improvement ideas that keep me busy?
  • Major League Baseball - On TV or in person the boys of summer entertain me to no end.  And if the Giants win without giving me a heart attack, so much the better.
  • Good literature - Words are magic.  They can transport you anywhere and teach you everything.
  • Possibility - The fact that the possibilities in life are bound only by the size of your wants and dreams.  Nothing is impossible.  Everything is attainable if you work for it.  Except maybe me making it on the pro beach volleyball scene...but I'm dealing with that...
  • Show tunes in the car - No reason we all can't channel our inner Ethel Merman while driving.
  • Nachos - No explanation necessary.
  • My Gizmo socks - How can you not be happy when you wear these??



So there you have it.  Enjoy the little things when the big things are poopy.  That's what I have to say about that...

No comments:

Post a Comment